Tuesday 30 November 2010

Dedicated to Aw Kong Seng

First time I met you, was in 2004 maybe earlier, but I am quite sure we met for the first time in primary school when you and others band members came to primary school and practised together with us, but do we have any conversation? I can't remember it. 2005, I joined band in secondary school, you are the assistant band leader of the year. I can't remember our conversation, but I can still remember when we played basketball together, when you teach me in band, when you told me jokes, when we played in toilet we did not bath in toilet actually, but at 6pipes near the field in front of the sport store. 2005 remained the best year and the hardest year in my band-life, because we really fight for every single thing.

2005 band life:
2005, Keat Hwa and Asma both lost in Kedah state level competition, and those seniors said, sir Tang count on us for the National Competition, so we had 10days band camp with sir Tang. It was the hardest and the most tiring band camp I had in my band-life. Without that 10days band camp, I dont think Swadaya will be as stong as today. That 10days raised our standard, from 8th place or maybe worse in National Level Competition to 4th placed. That year was the final year that competition was held for 2days.(semi final and final) And it was the first time that Swadaya managed to be in the Top 6 in final. At that time, to qualify to the final was as happy as we won the national level in 2008. Together with you, I learned many things about band and life. Without you in 2005, we would not be as good as that day(competition days). I still remember I keep on asking you from where these band member came from, and you told me 1by1 where do they from. We were also rewarded by sir Tang to genting for performance in genting. Although our standard was way behind our standard today, but it still remained one of the best performances, because it was the first international performance for Swadaya!

2006:
It was a few days before state lvl competition, and we did a video recorded full show. Asmara, our last song, I walked the wrong formation and you were behind me. I tought you would scold me very badly because I walked a bullshit(it should be page 5 but I walked page 6.something like that. I missed a page). but what you told me was,: 'I tried to walk wrong too, to create at least a shape to cover your mistake, but I did my best dy, yet it's still a mistake'. I was stun and explained everything to you, and what you told me was:'It's ok, dont repeat it next time can d'.

You are one of the best senior I had. We even called you trumpet God as you are the Pro-est. I think, nobody in our band have this type of nick name(the best). You really deserved it, at least the best trumpeter in Swadaya. You always denied it, because you think everyone can do the same as you too. I remeber you said to me, 'every drills and songs are simple, because basics remains clear in my mind'.

The last time I chat with you in Msn, was I asked you where do you study and at which school. I said I wana boom your school, but you said no fear, come arh. I said I wana meet you during CNY, but we do not meet as I forget. I wana fight with you like I did with cc, and I think he wants to do so. But we dont have the chance now....... =( I think this are all that I still remember. And I wana say,

Aw Kong Seng, thank you for everything and sorry for my nothing to you.... I miss you very much!!!

1 comment:

  1. It is so sad man..
    Kong Seng is a really nice person..
    We Love Him..
    He will always stay inside our's heart.
    chill ya..
    =')

    ReplyDelete